- Time to germinate: 2-3 days
- Time to harvest: around 15 days
Guide to Growing Basil Microgreens
- Use good quality basil seeds, we recommend Seeds for Africa or Living Seeds to purchase your seeds from.
- Please don’t soak your basil seeds.
- Basil microgreens do not need to be covered in darkness for the first 3 days, they will germinate faster this way.
- They can take up to 21 days before you can harvest, making them one of the slowest growing microgreens.
- You may also leave your basil microgreens for longer in your systems and sell the slightly large leaves as Baby Basil leaves, still packed with flavor this is popular with restaurants for salads & garnish.
How to store Basil Microgreens
- Microgreens are more fragile, you, therefore, need to treat them with more care.
- Ideally, you should stop watering them approximately 8 hours before you harvest them and avoid getting water on their leaves. To store put them in a sealable container or a plastic bag and store in your refrigerator.
- They should keep for approximately a week, but they will lose a little of their flavor; fresh is best!
contact us: email@example.com